Prime Location on the Corridor of Military History
The Americans in Wartime Experience will be located on nearly 70 acres in Prince William County, Virginia, just 22 miles south of Washington, D.C. The property for the site was donated by the Hylton Family of Prince William County and is situated one mile south of Potomac Mills, one of Virginia’s most popular tourist destinations.
Designed around the site’s natural features, the Experience will benefit from the topography and natural beauty of its surroundings. Visitors will find convenient access to the Experience from a major, bustling highway yet will feel a world away. Nestled in the countryside, the main elements of the Experience will nonetheless immerse visitors in a realistic experience: the six Landscapes of War; Orientation Center; Restoration facilities and Aircraft Hangar; as well as a Reenactment Area and an Obstacle Course. The site design yields many options for visitors who may choose to explore a single era in depth or experience the entire venue with its indoor/outdoor mix of activities.
- The Experience will be accessed via I-95, the most traveled highway in the world, at Exit 156, Dale Boulevard.
- Fittingly, this section of I-95 has both been designated as the “Vietnam Veterans Memorial Highway” and is part of the Purple Heart Trail.
- Over 160,000 drivers pass the Experience site each day.
- 2.6 million people live within a 25-mile radius of the Experience site.
- 5.8 million people live within a 50-mile radius.
- The Experience site is one mile south of Potomac Mills, one of Virginia’s most popular destinations, and near a variety of hotels, restaurants and amenities.
- Ample parking will accommodate individuals, families, student groups, military reunions and more.
Click here for a flyover of the future site.